Cookin’ Up Fun
Who: GFWC Savanna Woman’s Club
Cost: $12, including shipping (or $17 for both books)
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 173
Send checks to: Jane Shaw, 1911 Ontario Ave., Savanna, IL 61074
or call 815-273-3607
Italian Garlic Chicken
- 6-10 pieces chicken
- 6-7 med. potatoes peeled and halved
- 3-4 onions peeled and quartered
- 3-4 carrots peeled and quartered
- 4-5 cloves garlic diced
- 3-4 T. olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano or Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat chicken and vegetables with olive oil.
- Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with garlic and seasonings.
- Bake for 1 hour, covered.
- Uncover and continue baking until brown, 5-10 minutes.