“KISS” (Keep It Simple Sista!) the Cook
Who: Residents of Aviston, Ill. for Sesquicentennial
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: hard-backed, comb bound Pages of recipes: 218
Send checks to: Marilyn Rakers,
601 E. 4th St., Aviston, IL 62216 or call 618-228-7504
- 2-1/2 c. self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/2 c. chopped onions
- 6 oz. diced jalapeno peppers, drained or 3/4 c. fresh, seeded and chopped
- 1-15 oz. can creamed corn
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into oil.
- Cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes.