For some, eating gluten-free has become a fad, but it is a necessity for those who have a sensitivity to gluten. Gluten-free ingredients have come a long way in the past few years and are often available at your local grocery store. This month, one reader submitted her own gluten-free flour mix. We used it in all recipes calling for flour and were pleasantly surprised how it lacked the grit common in many gluten-free bakery items. Give these recipes a try – we think you’ll agree.
Love That Pizza Without the Pain
- 2 cups cooked Inca Red quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put all ingredients into large bowl and mix thoroughly, using hands if necessary.
- Coat a 7x13-inch baking dish with olive oil. Spread dough into dish with fingers.
- Cook until crust is crispy to the touch in the middle. Avoid hardening the edges.
- Top with your favorite toppings and return to oven until cheese is lightly browned.