135th Anniversary Edition Cookbook
Who: Evangelical Covenant Church
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 294
Send checks to: Merrily Griffin,
405 E. Franklin St., Paxton, IL 60957 or
call 217-379-3565 or 217-898-2546
Malaysian Fried Rice
- 4-5 c. cold cooked long grain white rice Jasmine is the best
- 1 med. chives and onion cream cheese chopped
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, thights or pork cut into strips
- 1 lb. shrimp optional
- Bok choy washed and chopped
- Other veggies as desired diced red pepper, shredded carrots, frozen peas
- Chinese soy sauce
- 1 can baby corn cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 eggs
- Green onions chopped
- Add some soy sauce and garlic powder to cut up meat. Let marinate in fridge for a while.
- Heat about 2 T. oil in non-stick wok.
- Add onions, grated ginger and minced garlic. Stir fry until translucent. Don’t let them burn.
- Add meat and cook until no longer pink. Add shrimp and cook just until pink. Remove meat and shrimp from wok.
- Add about 1 T. oil to wok, add veggies and cook until crisp tender. Add a little soy sauce or water to veggies to steam them a bit. You can cover and steam.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, cook eggs, breaking yolks and scrambling just a bit. Set aside when done.
- Add cold cooked rice to wok, breaking up with fingers. Add a few tablespoons soy sauce.
- Using 2 wooden spoons, stir rice and veggie mixture together until well mixed.
- Add meat back to mixture. Add baby corn pieces and mix together until heated through.
- Top with eggs and chopped green onions. Can serve with hot chili sauce.