Taste of Tradition
Who: Mid Century Telephone Cooperative and Adams Telephone Co-Operative
Cost: $15.15 includes shipping ($10 at offices)
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 234
Send checks to: Paula Monari, Mid Century Telephone Cooperative, P.O. Box 380, Fairview, IL 61432 or call 309-778-8611.
- 2 T. yeast
- 1/4 c. warm water
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/3 c. margarine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp. maple flavoring
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3-1/2 - 4 c. flour
- 2/3 c. nuts chopped
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. maple flavoring
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 T. milk
- Maple flavoring
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- Scald milk, add margarine and cool to lukewarm.
- Add salt, eggs, 1/2 tsp. maple flavoring, 1/4 c. sugar and softened yeast. Gradually add flour.
- Work dough together and let rise to double (45-60 min.)
- While dough rises combine nuts, 1/3 c. sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. flavoring and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Divide dough into thirds and roll each third into a 12" circle.
- Place 1/3 on a greased pizza pan, butter and put 1/2 of the filling on top. Repeat. Top with last of dough.
- Mark, but don’t cut a 2" circle in the middle. Then cut from the outside edge to the circle, making 16 pie shaped wedges. Leave on pizza pan.
- Twist each wedge 5 times. Let rise until double (30-45 min.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Ice while warm with a mixture of the powdered sugar, milk and maple flavoring.