Meal 1: Zucchini Boats
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 15- ounce can diced tomatoes with peppers and onions
- 2-1/2 chicken thighs, chopped Use chicken from the Prep: Chicken, three Ways recipe)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash and dry zucchini and trim off the top and bottom. Cut it lengthwise and scoop out the “guts” with a spoon, leaving about a 1/4 inch of flesh around the skin.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil and sauté the shallot and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini guts and half the can of diced tomatoes and cook until the liquid reduces.
- Add in the chicken and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the zucchini boats on the pan and fill them with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle half the parmesan and mozzarella over each boat. Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition information: 935 calories; 44.6g fat; 1,615mg salt; 17.6g carbohydrates; 114.4g protein.