Submitted by Janice McNeely, Illinois Electric Cooperative
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 10- ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup oats quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Soften tomatoes according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cook and stir spinach and onion in small skillet over low heat, 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in cheese and set aside.
- Combine turkey, oats, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, milk and reserved tomatoes in large bowl. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape 2/3 of turkey mixture into 9X6-inch loaf pan and place on rack of broiler pan.
- Make deep indentation down center of loaf leaving 1 1/2 inches around edges.
- Fill with spinach mixture.
- Top with remaining turkey mixture.
- Seal edges to completely enclose filling.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition information: 265 calories; 11.2g fat; 411mg sodium; 14.8g carbohydrates; 27.5g protein.