PB&J Overnight Oatmeal
Courtesy of: Oldways, oldwayspt.org
- 1 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chia seeds divided
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Add 1 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries and 1 tablespoon water to a large microwavable bowl and heat for 2-3 minutes on high. The berries should look goopy. (You may also warm them on the stove.)
- Once heated, add 4 teaspoons of chia seeds to the bowl, stir well, and set in the refrigerator to chill for 15-20 minutes. The chia seeds will form a gel and thicken up the blueberries into a jelly-like texture.
- While the blueberry jam is chilling, set out 4 jars (12.5 oz or larger) and fill each jar with 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1 teaspoon chia seeds.
- In a blender, add 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 4 dates and 2 tablespoons peanut butter, and blend until well combined.
- Evenly pour the almond milk mixture into the 4 jars and stir well.
- Once the blueberry chia jam has thickened in the refrigerator, evenly spoon it into the four jars.
- Then cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight, or at least 6 hours, before serving. This recipe keeps for up to a week in the fridge and can be made a few days ahead of time.
Nutrition information: 320 calories; 11g fat; 0mg sodium; 45g carbohydrates; 9g protein.