Grab a java
Coffee, java, joe. Whatever you prefer to call it, it is certainly a popular beverage. However, coffee isn’t just for drinking as this month’s recipes show. Although we do include two liquid versions, our readers submitted a variety of recipes that not only contain coffee but would go well with it. Not surprisingly, many of them contain chocolate and coffee – a wonderful marriage of two flavors.
Mocha Maple Pie
Submitted by: Sue Davis-Rohde, Corn Belt Energy Corporation
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably dark)
- 2-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 10 ounces chopped dark chocolate (50-60% cocoa)
- 1 graham cracker or shortbread pie crust
- Pinch Salt
- In medium saucepan, bring cream, syrup, coffee and salt to a boil over medium heat.
- Add chocolate; turn off heat. Let sit 1 minute, then whisk to blend. Pour into crust.
- Chill until firm, around 4 hours.
Nutrition information: 211 calories; 11.8g fat; 114mg sodium; 24.7g carbohydrates, 2.1g protein.