Calling all chocoholics!
Just the mention of chocolate can conjure up images of luscious sweetness slowly melting in our mouths. While chocolate has been around for thousands of years, there is a renewed interest in high-quality, handmade chocolates. Local shops are popping up across the state, and chocolate makes a wonderful
gift for those hard-to-buy-for loved ones or as a house-warming gift.
If you have chocoholics in your family, treat them to one of our chocolate recipes over the holidays.
Molten Chocolate Cake
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in double-boiler.
- Beat eggs, yolks and sugar until light and thick.
- Add melted chocolate slowly and beat to combine. Quickly beat in flour.
- Divide among 4 greased and floured 4-ounce ramekins. Place on baking sheet and bake 6-8 minutes.
- Invert each on a plate and let rest for 10 seconds. Carefully lift 1 side of ramekin to release the cake.
- Serve immediately with ice cream or whipped cream.