October 6-12 is National Fire Prevention Week
Schools and businesses will be conducting fire drills in October, but do your children know what to do in case of a fire at home? It’s never too early to start.
- Make and practice a fire escape plan.
- Plan two ways to escape from each room.
- Pick a safe spot to meet to check that everyone got out.
- Practice your escape plan every month.
- Plan for everyone in your home – including babies and others who may need help to escape.
- Involve children in making and practicing your escape plan.
- Teach children to never hide during a fire – they must get out and stay out.