Submitted by: Laura Kerr, Norris Electric Cooperative
- 1 regular cornbread recipe OR 2 Jiffy cornbread mixes prepared as directed
- 1 15- ounce can creamed corn
- 1 stick butter
- 2 large sweet onions thinly sliced
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the creamed corn into the prepared cornbread batter. Spread in a buttered 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Saute onions in butter until tender. Mix in sour cream and 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Pour onion mixture over cornbread mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Nutrition information: 381 calories; 22.1g fat; 585mg sodium; 36.2g carbohydrates; 7.6g protein.