Who: Brown Christian Church
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 170
Send checks to: Brown Christian Church, c/o Cheryl Wathan,
2990 Hickory Hill Ln., Louisville, IL 62858 or call 618-508-2869.
All proceeds support Broken Chains Ministry to fight human trafficking.
Oven Baked Onion Rings
- Cooking spray
- 2 c. baked potato chips
- 1/2 t. cayenne
- 1 c. lowfat buttermilk
- 1/2 c. plus 2 T. flour
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. fresh ground black pepper
- 1-2 large Vidalia onions peeled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet lightly with oil and set aside.
- Place potato chips in the bowl of a food processor and process into crumbs, about 20 seconds. Transfer to a shallow bowl, add cayenne and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk, 2 T. flour, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Slice onions into 1/2-inch slices and separate into rings, keeping only large, whole rings (reserve rest of onion for other uses). You should have about 12 to 14 rings.
- Place the remaining flour in a resealable plastic bag, then add onions and shake to coat.
- Dip onions one at a time into the buttermilk mixture, then dip into potato chip crumbs and place on baking sheet.
- Spray with cooking spray evenly over rings and bake for 20 minutes or until coating is crisp. Serve immediately.