Who: Brown Christian Church
Cost: $20 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 170
Send checks to: Brown Christian Church, c/o Cheryl Wathan,
2990 Hickory Hill Ln., Louisville, IL 62858 or call 618-508-2869.
All proceeds support Broken Chains Ministry to fight human trafficking.
Lemon Curd Cake
- 1 supermoist white cake mix
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 10 oz. jar lemon curd
- 2 t. grated lemon peel and slice for garnish
- Heat oven 350 degrees (325 degrees for dark or nonstick pans).
- Make and bake cake as directed on box for two 8- or 9-inch round pans. Cool.
- In a medium chilled bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in lemon curd.
- Place one layer on serving plate, spread one cup of lemon whipping cream within 1/4-inch of edge of cake.
- Place second cake on top and frost top and sides.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and garnish with lemon slices. Refrigerate and serve.
Editor’s note: Lemon curd can be found in the jelly aisle.