Feeding the Flock
Who: Zion Lutheran Church
Cost: $17 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 214
Send checks to: Barbara Bretz, 10633 State Route 161, Mascoutah, IL 62258 or call 618-566-8239.
Peach Blueberry Pie
- Pastry for 2 crust 9 inch pie
- 4 c. sliced peaches
- 2 c. Fresh blueberries
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 T. quick cooking tapioca
- 1/8 t. Salt
- 1 T. Lemon juice
- 1 T. butter
- Combine peaches and blueberries.
- Combine sugar, tapioca and salt. Add to peach mixture. Stir gently to mix well.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over fruit and toss lightly to mix. Place in bottom crust.
- Cut butter in small pieces and place over fruit.
- Add top crust. Cut slits in top of crust to vent.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to 350 degrees and bake for 30-45 minutes or until lightly browned.