Pecan Espresso Bark
Submitted by: Barbara Wiesen, Jo-Carroll Energy, Inc.
- 3 ounces raw pecans about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons espresso beans
- 8 ounces 70% dark chocolate chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Toast pecans on a baking sheet until fragrant and browned, about 7-10 minutes, tossing halfway through. Once cool, coarsely chop pecans and set aside. Lightly crush espresso beans with a rolling pin and set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a double boiler, melt 6 ounces of dark chocolate over low heat until chocolate is smooth. Once completely melted, remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 ounces of chocolate. Pour chocolate onto baking sheet, spreading to 1/4 -inch thickness. Sprinkle evenly with pecans. Repeat with espresso beans and sea salt. Refrigerate, uncovered, until completely hardened. Break into rough pieces and serve. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
The bark can be made ahead of time for a special holiday treat. It’s so much tastier than most store-bought candy or bark. It also tastes great with a bit of dry red wine.