Raisin Cream Pie
Submitted by Jan Turney Dial, Corn Belt Energy Corporation (From Gladys Wallace Turney)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sweet milk
- 2 egg yolks save whites for meringue
- 1 cup raisins
- Pour hot water over raisins and let soak.
- Mix sugar and flour together.
- Add the sour cream, milk and egg yolks. Let cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Drain raisins and add to thickened filling. Let cool.
- Then pour into a cooled 9-inch baked pie crust.
- Prepare meringue and brown in oven 12 to 15 minutes at 350°.
This is truly near and dear to my heart. I have a wonderful culinary heritage and I credit my Grandmother Gladys Wallace Turney for it. I collected family recipes in 1998 at a Wallace family reunion and wrote a cookbook in honor of my grandmother.