Slice of Savanna
Who: Junior Woman’s Club of Savanna
Cost: $10 including shipping (or $17 for both books)
Details: soft-backed, comb-bound
Pages of recipes: 133
Send checks to: Jane Shaw,
1911 Ontario Ave., Savanna, IL 61074
or call 815-273-3607
Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Pie
- 1 9-inch pastry for single piecrust
- 2 (8-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 T. raspberry jam
- Whipped topping (opt.)
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from oven; reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined. Pour into pastry shell.
- Stir jam; drizzle over filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl the jam.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before slicing. If desired, pipe whipped topping around pie edge.