Any comfort food dinner, think fried chicken, pot roast or your favorite, just isn’t complete without potatoes. Whether they are mashed, baked, scalloped or prepared another way, potatoes are an American staple. While high in carbohydrates, they contain healthy amounts of fiber and are an excellent source of Vitamin C. Leave on the skin and you’ve added a good source of potassium. Readers submitted a variety of ways to use potatoes, and we hope you enjoy them.
Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. dried chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes and cut into French fry shapes.
- Toss in bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Place fries on nonstick baking sheet or parchment paper. Make sure fries don’t touch.
- Bake 20 minutes, flip and bake another 20 minutes. Outside should be crispy but inside soft.
- Serve with ketchup or enjoy plain.