One and done
Life is busy and putting dinner on the table every night can be a challenge. Resist the urge to drive-thru and try the quick and easy sheet pan craze. Only one dirty pan for a meal? Sign me up!
Everything gets placed on a sheet pan, put in the oven and voila, dinner is ready often in 30 minutes or less. With just a bit of planning, you can have a nutritious dinner on the table, spend less time cleaning up and enjoy more time with your family. ~ Valerie
Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake
- 1-20-ounce package refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cut in half
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly oil baking sheet.
- Place hash browns in bowl and stir in butter, olive oil, thyme, basil, oregano and garlic powder.
- Gently toss to combine, season with salt and pepper.
- Spread in even layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until the edges begin to brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and create 6 wells.
- Add bacon slices and eggs, gently cracking into the wells to keep the yolk intact.
- Sprinkle eggs with Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake until the egg whites are set and bacon is cooked through, around 18-25 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and serve.
- Editor’s note: I prefer crispy bacon and will use precooked bacon the next time.
Nutrition information: 762 calories; 52.9g fat; 1851mg sodium; 26.6g carbohydrates; 43.7g protein.