One and done
Life is busy and putting dinner on the table every night can be a challenge. Resist the urge to drive-thru and try the quick and easy sheet pan craze. Only one dirty pan for a meal? Sign me up!
Everything gets placed on a sheet pan, put in the oven and voila, dinner is ready often in 30 minutes or less. With just a bit of planning, you can have a nutritious dinner on the table, spend less time cleaning up and enjoy more time with your family. ~ Valerie
Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 2 pounds protein (chicken breasts, strip steak and/or shrimp)
- 3 bell peppers– yellow, red and green cut into strips
- 1 large onion cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place sheet pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper in oven.
- Cut chicken and/or steak into strips.
- Toss protein in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle protein evenly with fajita seasoning.
- Toss vegetables in remaining oil.
- Place steak or pork and vegetables on hot sheet pan and cook for 20-25 minutes or until protein is fully cooked. If using shrimp, add after vegetables have cooked 15 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas and toppings such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
- Tip: you can use store-bought fajita seasoning, if desired.