Give the delivery guy a rest and prepare delicious Asian-inspired food in the comfort of your own kitchen. From the crunchy Filipino recipe for Lumpia Rolls to the fragrant Baked Soy Ginger Salmon, we think you’ll agree it’s well worth the time to prepare these dishes.
Shrimp or Chicken Teriyaki
- 1 c. Water
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 5 t. packed brown sugar
- 1 T. honey or more to taste
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 c. cold water
- 2 T. cornstarch
- Shrimp or chopped chicken breast
- cooking oil
- steamed broccoli
- cooked rice
- Combine 1 c. water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ginger and garlic powder in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 c. cold water together and stir until dissolved.
- Add to saucepan and cook and stir until thickened.
- Cook shrimp or chopped chicken breast in oil until done. If using shrimp cook until translucent.
- Add steamed broccoli and teriyaki sauce.
- Serve over cooked rice.