The Venetian Club – Sharing Family Traditions
Who: Venetian Club
Cost: $18 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 217
Send checks to: Venetian Club, c/o Janet DeCori, 2180 Elmwood Rd.,
Rockford, IL 61103 or call 815-877-2290.
Sicilian Sausage Soup
- 1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 lg. onion chopped1/2
- 1 lg. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 reg. sized can stewed tomatoes
- 3-1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 t. sweet basil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 c. Orzo pasta
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 t. sugar
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage, drain.
- Saute onion and garlic in small amount of the drippings.
- Add to tomatoes in a large sauce pan. Add sausage, broth and basil.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Orzo, salt, pepper and sugar, reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes or until Orzo is tender.
- Sprinkle individual servings with Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic bread.