Garden’s bounty – tomatoes
Tomatoes are bountiful in late summer, so we decided to do another “throwback” edition of favorite past recipes using this delicious fruit.
Sliced Tomato Salad
- 6 large tomatoes thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leves chopped
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Layer tomatoes in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix all other ingredients together and pour over tomatoes.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
Nutrition information: 171 calories; 16.6g fat; 481mg sodium; 6.5g carbohydrates; 1g protein.