With the Super Bowl just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about what you’re going to serve your guests and still watch the big game. With a build-your-own food bar, you can plan everything ahead of time and enjoy the party. Lay out a variety of toppings and let guests build their own baked potatoes, chili, popcorn, tacos or, in our case, nachos, hotdogs and ice cream sundaes. Let your imagination guide you.
Slow Cooker Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef at least 85% lean
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes drained
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 15.5 ounce cans kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotles in adobo (from can of chipotles in adobo sauce)
- In slow cooker, combine meat and spices, gently breaking meat into clumps.
- Add onion, garlic and chopped chipotles (if using). Top with beans and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove lid and stir to distribute all ingredients and break up any large clumps of meat.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper or chili powder if needed. Keep warm until serving.