Feed My Flock
Who: Virden First United Methodist Church
Cost: $12 includes shipping
Details: Hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 148
Send checks to: Sharon Wilson,
437 S. Church St., Virden, IL 62690
or call 217-965-3539
Smashed Parmesan Potatoes
- 3 lbs. baby red skinned potatoes unpeeeled and halved
- 2/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of water. Cover and bring water to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 min.
- Drain, reserving 3/4 c. of the cooking liquid. Return the potatoes to the pot.
- Coarsely mash the potatoes, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Using a large fork, stir in the Parmesan and the oil. Season the potatoes to taste and serve.