An apple a day
We don’t know that eating an apple a day keeps the doctor away, as the old adage goes, but apples are delicious and have many health benefits. Illinois is home to numerous apple orchards, from north to south and all points in between, and fall is the perfect time to visit one of them. At some orchards, you can even pick your own. When you do, be sure to grab some extras to try some of these delicious recipes. The warm aromas of apples and cinnamon will fill your home with the fragrances of fall.
- 6 Granny Smith apples chopped into small pieces
- 6 regular size Snickers bars chopped into small pieces
- 1 3.4 ounce instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 16-ounce Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup peanuts or pecans chopped
- In large bowl, toss together chopped apples and Snickers. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, gently fold together dry pudding mix and Cool Whip.
- Fold in apples and Snickers. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Serve cold. Keeps 2 days in refrigerator.