Illinois Rural Electric News, December 1966
Servings 4 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup candied cherries chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, shortening and egg.
- Mix vanilla with milk, add to flour mixture. Stir to combine ingredients, beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in nuts, cherries and coconut.
- Drop by spoonful on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition information: 74 calories; 4.4g fat; 76mg salt; 8.1g carbohydrates; 1g protein.