Glass Snowflake Cookies
Submitted by: Jenny Lenz, McDonough Power Cooperative
Servings 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 assorted hard candies divided by color and crushed
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Crush candies in color groups and set aside until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the dough to desired thickness. Cut out cookies using a snowflake cookie cutter and use a small circular cutter to cut out the center of the snowflake.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place cookies 1 inch apart. Fill the centers with crushed candy.
- Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the pan as the candies need to harden.
- Once cooled, pipe the edge of the snowflake with frosting and let dry.
Nutrition information: 162 calories; 4.3g fat; 57g salt; 29g carbohydrates; 1.8g protein.