As Illinois Country Living celebrates its 75th year, so do the recipes pages. From the very first issue, recipes and homemaking tips were a part of the magazine. We thought it was only appropriate to go back and include recipes across the years. This month, we have one recipe from each decade including the first recipe from the inaugural issue for rhubarb pie.
Spinach-Craisin Salad – 2013
- 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 3 fresh unpeeled apples cubed
- 1- (6 oz.) bag Ocean Spray Craisins
- 1 bottle Lonzerotti’s Sweet Italian Dressing
- 1 c. walnuts or favorite nuts chopped big
- Tear cleaned spinach into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix with apples and craisins in large bowl.
- Add nuts and dressing just before serving.
- Mix well.
- Serve chilled.