Submitted by: Julie Hicks, Norris Electric Cooperative
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries thawed
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan and set aside. In medium bowl, stir together thawed strawberries, eggs and oil. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nuts. Add strawberry mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Pour into pan and bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Optional: reserve some of the thawed strawberry juice, add 1/2 teaspoon juice at a time to 1/4 cup powdered sugar to create a glaze to drizzle on cooled loaf.
Nutrition information: 282 calories; 16.6g fat; 192mg sodium; 32.4g carbohydrates; 2.6g protein.