Together We Have It All
Who: Varna United Methodist Church
Cost: $13 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, comb bound
Pages of recipes: 72
Send checks to: Kelley Larimer,
2074 County Road 400N, Varna, IL 61375
or call 309-399-7611
Stuffed Zucchini Italiano
- 4 small to medium zucchini
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (30 oz.) jar marinara spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Trim ends of zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out centers leaving 1/4” thick shells, reserving pulp.
- Chop pulp and set aside.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Stir in pulp, 1/2 c. marinara sauce, bread crumbs, Parmesan, oregano, salt, pepper and egg. Mix well.
- Place zucchini shells in baking dish and spoon in beef mixture. Pour remaining marinara sauce over top and cover with foil.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until tender. Remove foil, top with mozzarella cheese and bake 5 minutes more until cheese melts.