Sugar and Spice Pecans
Submitted by: Terry Bailey, Clay Electric Co-operative, Inc.
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Beat egg white with water into a froth. Set aside.
- In large reclosable bag, combine sugar, salt, cinnamon and cayenne. Dip pecans in egg whites; place in bag with sugar mixture. Shake to coat well.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until egg white is dry.
- Cool completely and store in airtight container. Note: Good by themselves or toss a few on top of a sundae or salad. They freeze well too.
Nutrition information: 246 calories; 20.3g fat; 149mg sodium; 16.7g carbohydrates; 3.3g protein.