Pecan Pie Bars
Submitted by: Carol Sue Carnes, Illinois Electric Cooperative
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans finely chopped
- 2/3 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine first 3 crust ingredients in mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in finely chopped pecans. Press mixture into bottom of ungreased 9x13-inch pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until very light golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, combine brown sugar, flour and salt. Add corn syrup, eggs and vanilla, and mix well. Stir in pecans. Spread mixture evenly over hot crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
Nutrition information: 367 calories; 21.5g fat; 242mg sodium; 41.5g carbohydrates; 5.1g protein.