Tomato, Bacon and Onion Fettucine
Submitted by: Valerie Cheatham
- 4 ounces uncooked fettucine
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes 2 medium
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- In large saucepan, cook fettucine according to package directions. Drain and return to saucepan and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet. Drain, return 1 tablespoon bacon grease to skillet.
- Add onion to the bacon grease and cook until crisp tender. Crumble bacon.
- Add bacon, tomatoes and basil to onions and cook until heated. Add to cooked fettucine and toss gently to mix.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
Nutrition information: 291 calories; 13.7g fat; 665mg sodium; 48.4g carbohydrates; 18.8g protein.