Vadalia Onion Pie
Darlene Farrey, Jo-Carroll Electric Cooperative
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 2 cups Vadalia onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix Ritz cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into an 8 inch pie plate.
- Saute onions with 2 tablespoons butter until clear, not brown. Spoon into pie crust.
- Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper and pour over onions. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until firm in the center.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving (optional).