Sweet Onion Casserole
Susie Laing, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 3 large) Vidalia onions sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup whipping creme
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cook onion in a Dutch oven in boiling water to cover 1 minute. Drain.
- Place onion in a lightly greased 8 square baking dish.
- Whisk together whipping creme and next 3 ingredients. pour over onion. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes