Baked Vidalia Onions
Susie Laing, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative
- 4 large Vidalia onions
- 1/4 cup butter cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Peel onions, leaving root ends in tact.
- Cut each onion into 8ths, cutting to but not through, root ends.
- Place each onion on a lightly greased 12” square of aluminum foil. Press butter evenly into onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cheese.
- Wrap onions in foil and arrange in a 9” x 13” pan.
- Bake at 400º for 1 hour.