Give the delivery guy a rest and prepare delicious Asian-inspired food in the comfort of your own kitchen. From the crunchy Filipino recipe for Lumpia Rolls to the fragrant Baked Soy Ginger Salmon, we think you’ll agree it’s well worth the time to prepare these dishes.
- 1/2 c. Vinegar
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic crshed
- 2 1/2 lb. chicken cut-up
- cooked rice
- potatoes peeled and cut into large cubes
- Green pepper sliced
- Mix first 5 ingredients together and pour over chicken in a deep pan. Marinate overnight.
- Cook chicken in marinade over low heat just until done. Remove from marinade and cool.
- Add potatoes and green peppers to marinade along with 1 c. water. Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat chicken in flour and dry in a small amount of oil until brown. (I have also grilled the chicken without coating it to make it lower in calories).
- Remove vegetables from marinade.
- Thicken marinade with a cornstarch/water slurry to make a gravy. Serve gravy over the rice and vegetables.