Asbury Family Pan-Fried Morels
- 1 pound cleaned morel mushrooms
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Place all dry ingredients into a one-gallon resealable plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Melt butter in large frying pan, cast iron works best.
- Place 5 or 6 mushrooms into bag and shake to evenly coat each mushroom. Shake off excess flour and place each in the hot skillet of melted butter. Turn over after one minute and cook on the other side for one minute or less depending on size of mushroom.
- Place on paper towel to absorb excess butter and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Repeat process.
- Note: this recipe has been used for more than three generations.
Nutrition information: 497 calories; 15.5g fat; 497mg sodium; 54.3g carbohydrates; 21.3g protein.