One-Pan Marsala-Inspired Chicken and Veggies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 16 ounces cremini or button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Marsala or Port wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Season both sides of chicken with seasonings.
- Heat oil over medium to medium-high heat in cast iron skillet. Brown chicken thighs about 4 minutes on each side and remove from pan.
- Add tablespoon olive oil to pan and saute onions and mushrooms until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine to pan and bring to boil reducing by half.
- Mix together stock and flour and add to pan. Return chicken to pan and bring back to boil. Cook an additional 5 minutes until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutrition information: 538 calories; 25.7g fat; 592mg sodium; 12.8g carbohydrates; 48.4g protein.