Shrimp Cobb Salad with Smashed Potatoes and Mushrooms
- 1 package steamable red potatoes cooked according to package instructions and cooled slightly
- 4 eggs
- 12 shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- Smash potatoes using a potato masher and set aside. In a small pot, pour in about 3 inches of cold water. Gently place 4 eggs in the water and turn heat on to medium. When the water starts to boil, turn heat off, cover and set a timer for 6 minutes. When timer rings, drain off boiling water, fill the pot with ice and add water. Allow the eggs to completely cool, crack the shell carefully, peel, cut in half lengthwise and set aside. In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, add oil and heat until rippling. Place shrimp in skillet and cook for 30 to 45 seconds on each side. The shrimp are cooked when they turn red. Remove from the skillet and allow to cool. Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a medium size bowl. Assemble the salad. In four bowls, arrange 1 cup of baby spinach on one side and 1/2 cup of arugula on the other side. Drizzle dressing on top of greens. Top each bowl with a generous portion of smashed potatoes, 1 egg, 3 shrimp, a handful of diced mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and avocado slices. Serve.
Nutrition information: 484 calories; 28g fat; 590mg sodium; 32.1gcarbohydrates; 28.1g protein.