Chinese Chicken Salad with Golden Potatoes and Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 package steamable golden potatoes cooked according to package directions
- 6 to 8 shiitake mushrooms stems removed and thinly sliced into strips
- 4 tablespoons canola oil divided
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts or 4 small chicken breasts
- 4 cups Napa cabbage shredded
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup green onions minced
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Store-bought Asian-style dressing
- Cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish
- Cut cooled potatoes into quarters and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons oil and sliced shiitakes. Season with pinch of salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and allow mushrooms to cool completely.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining oil and heat until rippling. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes, turn over and cook another 5 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 F as measured with a food thermometer. Remove chicken from skillet, allow to cool slightly, cut into strips.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all ingredients together except dressing. Dress to taste. Divide portions evenly onto four plates and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Nutrition information: 719 calories; 38.4g fat; 749mg sodium; 43.5g carbohydrates; 49.7g protein.