Lasagna Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 1– 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 cups light ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the stem and scoop out the gills of the mushrooms. Wash gently and pat dry with a paper towel. Brush tops and insides of mushrooms with olive oil.
- Spoon 1/4 cup marinara sauce into each mushroom. In medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, spinach and basil. Divide evenly into the four mushrooms.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with 1/4 cup of mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are baked through. Enjoy immediately or store in fridge or freezer to enjoy later.
- For freezer storage, allow each mushroom to cool completely, wrap in foil then place in larger storage container.
Nutrition information: 221 calories: 13g fat; 193mg sodium; 9.4g carbohydrates; 16.5g protein.