Awesome Pasta Salad
Submitted by: Carol S. Carnes, Illinois Electric Cooperative
- 16 ounce box bowtie pasta
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard or 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 large cucumber chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- In saucepan, heat vinegar and sugar until sugar dissolves, let stand to cool completely. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse well, drain and set aside. When sugar/vinegar solution has cooled, add oil, mustard, salt and garlic powder and blend thoroughly with whisk. Add rest of ingredients to cooled pasta. Pour dressing over top and toss well. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours for best flavor.
You can use corkscrew pasta or any of your choice.