From Our Community to Your Table
Who: Carl Sandburg College Community Garden
Details: hard-backed, ring bound
Pages of recipes: 205
To purchase: Call 309-341-5328 or email email@example.com, for more info contact Mary Robson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Black Bean Brownies
- 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 lg. eggs
- 3 T. canola oil
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 T. strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8” baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the black beans in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, coffee, baking powder and salt, process again until smooth.
- Mix in ½ c. of the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.