Don’t be blue!
It’s blueberry season. To celebrate these juicy wonders, we wanted to give you a few “throwback” Finest Cooking recipes to get those creative cooking juices flowing.
- 1 package yellow deluxe cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine melted
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- sugar to taste
- Cook 2 cups of berries with the cornstarch and sugar, then add the other 2 cups and cook until hot and thickened. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread blueberry filling in the bottom of a 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Combine dry cake mix, nuts and melted butter. Mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry filling.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, or serve warm with heavy cream. This recipe can be made with a 1 lb. 5 oz. can of blueberry pie filling.
Nutrition information: 458 calories; 18.5g fat; 446mg sodium; 70.8g carbohydrates; 4.9g protein.