Hot summer days call for a dip in the pool and inviting family and friends for a cookout. Instead of heating up the oven to bake a dessert, consider something cooler –frozen desserts. In the heat of summer, these chilly delights are favorites that hit the spot.
Refreshing Fruit Slush
- 2 cups Water
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 5 bananas quartered and sliced
- 2 cups green grapes halved
- 2 cups Sliced strawberries
- 1 large jar maraschino cherries with juice cut-up
- In large bowl, mix together water and orange juice concentrate. Add fruit and mix.
- Ladle mixture into individual clear plastic 8-ounce cups.
- Place cups on rimmed cookie sheet and place in freezer. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: these are also fun to put in small 4-ounce cups with a popsicle stick in the middle.