Adapted from: feastingathome.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 6 cups celery thinly sliced
- 2 cups russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt for topping
- Hot sauce or sriracha for topping
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook onions for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add celery, potatoes and bay leaf, and pour in broth until it just covers the vegetables. Add water, if needed. Cover and bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, remove bay leaf and add the fresh herbs. Carefully ladle soup into a blender or use an immersion blender. Blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top soup with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt, if desired. For an extra kick, add a few drops of hot sauce or sriracha.
Nutrition information: 168 calories; 7.4g fat; 873mg sodium; 18.5g carbohydrates; 7.8g protein.