Pasta with Fresh Herbs
Courtesy of Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon chili pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- While water is heating, heat the olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat. Add the sliced garlic, chili pepper flakes, chopped herbs and chopped parsley to the oil. Cook for 1 minute or until parsley has wilted and garlic is emitting a strong fragrance. Remove from heat.
- Once water is at a rolling boil, add angel hair pasta and cook until al dente, about 2 minutes. Drain pasta and rinse briefly with cold water, just enough to stop the cooking not to make the pasta cold. Pasta should still be warm.
- Place pasta in large bowl and pour herbed garlic oil over pasta and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper and toss gently. Serve immediately as a side dish.
Nutrition information: 249 calories; 13.5g fat; 186mg sodium; 23.1g carbohydrates; 10.7g protein.